Dila Classic Method Brut – 2016
“Dila” means rising above challenges. This wine is the first 100% Yellow Muscat made in the classic method, Brut-style from volcanic soils.
- Appellation: Luvigliano Hills, Padua, Veneto
- Size: 3.5 hectares (8.65 acres)
- Vine Age: 13 years
- Soil: Marl and Trachyte-laden clay
- Elevation: 250 meters (820 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: North/South
- Density: 5,000 vines/hectare (2,023 vines/acre)
- Harvest Date(s): Second half of August, first week of September, picked by hand in chests
- Fermentation: Soft pressing using a closed pneumatic press. Static settling and low temperature must stabilization. Thermo-controlled vinification with selective yeasts. Second Fermentation: Carried out in the bottle. Manual filtering of the bottles on yeasts.
- Bottled: July 2017
- Disgorged: May 2019
- Varietal Composition: 100% Yellow Muscat (Moscato Giallo)
- Alcohol: 12.0%
- TA: 6.0 g/l
- RS: 0.2 g/l
The color of this wine is an oscillation of shades of golden yellow with light orange and amber highlights. The milky iridescence is the result of the yeasts suspended in the bottled wine. The intense aroma releases nuances of flowers and yellow fruit such as golden apples and peaches and exotic fruit which together with the dried fruit, crunchy almonds and nuts, sulphurous and glazed notes give the wine a fuller and more interesting bouquet. It is warm on the palate with softness balanced by a pleasant sensation of tannins gleaned from the maceration of the wine on the skins. When sipped, it echoes the aromas perceived on thenose with lengthy taste and olfactory persistence. The finale is characterised by an interestingly powerful yet sapid mineral wake which invites one to quaff.