Dila Classic Method Brut – 2015
“Dila” means rising above challenges. This wine is the first 100% Yellow Muscat made in the classic method, Brut-style from volcanic soils.
- Location: Luvigliano Hills, Padua, Veneto
- Size: 3.5 hectares (8.65 acres)
- Soil: Marl and Trachyte-laden clay
- Elevation: 250 meters (820 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: North/South
- Density: 5,000 vines/hectare (2,023 vines/acre)
- Harvest Date(s): Hand harvested the first 10 days of September
- Fermentation: Soft pressing using a closed pneumatic press. Static settling and low temperature must stabilization. Thermo-controlled vinification with selective yeasts. Second Fermentation: Carried out in the bottle. Manual filtering of the bottles on yeasts.
- Aging: 6 to 9 months in bottle
- Bottled: March 2016
- Disgorged: April 2017
- Varietal Composition: 100% Yellow Muscat
- Production (in cases): 246 (12/750ml)
- Cases Imported: 30
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- TA: 5.9 g/l
- RS: 1 g/l
On perusal the golden colour is embellished by the elegant, fine and persistent perlage that rises in the glass. The olfactory intensity is supported by a lovely variety of aromas and scents from flowers such as white magnolia and jasmine, yellow orange blossom, fresh and yellow exotic fruit, fresh herbs such as tarragon, lemon balm and thyme, to delicate fragrances of fresh yeast and bread crust and light balsamic nuances. When sipped it is at once full, its initial aromatic power a match for the incredible taste and olfactory persistence, amplified by the salinity and minerality of the wine and by a slight bitterness which reveals the identity of the grape variety and the volcanic terrain which gave rise to it.