Cuvée Rosé – Non-Vintage
- Appellation: Veneto
- Location: On top of steep hills
- Elevation: 50-250 meters (164-820 feet)
- Exposure: South
- Training: Spurred cordon and double arched cane
- Harvest Date(s): From the second half of August to the first half of September, depending on the grape variety
A brief period of maceration gives the wine its slightly pink color and determines the action of the aromatic varietal substances that bring out the grapes’ floral, fruity and surprisingly typical characteristics. The long and gradual fermentation cycle together with a sustained period in the presence of yeasts, both in the wine and during re-fermentation, confers delicacy and elegance on this cuveé and makes it persistent on the palate.
- Fermentation: Stainless-steel tanks for 15 days at 16 C (61 F) // Second Fermentation: Charmat method in autoclaves
- Maceration: Cold, for 12-36 hours
Delicate rose color with fine and persistent perlage. Elegant, complex bouquet on the nose with scents of rose, hints of fresh fruits and lychees. The sip is full, sapid, harmonious, with a well-balanced acidity.
- Varietal Composition: 50% Merlot, 50% Pinot Noir (made from mostly estate fruit)
- Production (in cases): 13,300 (12/750)
- Alcohol: 11.5%
- TA: 5.5g/L
- RS: 10g/L
Jeio Brut Rosé – NV – James Suckling – 92 Points
A deliciously fruity and dry sparkling wine with melon, light strawberry and citrus aromas and flavors. Full-bodied, tight and fruity. Fresh finish. Serious character to this. Bottled in 2018.
Cuvée Rosé – Non-Vintage – Wine of the Week: Rosé bubbles for Valentines’s Day – Washington’s Top News
“… a delectable sparkling rosé made from a combination of merlot and Pinot Noir grapes from vineyards on the steep hills of the Veneto. This rosé has excellent balance and a unique personality with vibrant scents of floral notes…”