Cuvée 15 Brut – Non-Vintage
Champagne Gosset 15 ans de cave a minima
A gem from another century
- Grape Source: Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Cramant, Villers-Marmery (Chardonnay); Ambonnay, Aÿ, Mareuil-sur-Aÿ (Pinot Noir)
Time Spent in Cellars Prior to Disgorging: Minimum 15 years on the lees
Dosage: Brut (7g/L)
Winemaking Notes: The cellarmaster left this wine to rest on the lees for nearly two decades in order to reveal the impact of extended lees aging on Champagne Gosset’s style of winemaking.
- No malolactic fermentation to retain freshness and character
- Use of grapes from the best grand cru and premier cru vineyards to provide the depth, structure and finesse to support extended cellaring
- A blend of several stellar harvests in the late 1990s, cellared in 1999, to best express the Gosset spirit
Its long aging in the cellar, with no malolactic fermentation to pass the time, enables our 15-year-old Gosset to retain its freshness and elegance while gaining added vinosity, complexity, fullness … The balance is ideal, and the bubbles are clearly at the service of the wine.
- Varietal Composition: 60% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir
- Cases Imported: 356
- Alcohol: 12%
- Release Date: March 2016, available in US in June 2016
Champagne Gosset Cuvée 15 Brut – NV – Wine Spectator – 93 Points
This deeply hued Champagne exudes mushroom and white truffle notes, set on a fine, plush mousse and structured by a firm backbone of acidity. Rich and expressive, yet well-cut and fresh, with dried apricot, chopped almond, toffee and saline notes echoing on the finish. Drink now through 2021.
Cuvée 15 Brut – Non-Vintage – 96 points – Wine Enthusiast
"This limited release Champagne has been aged on its lees in Gosset’s cellars for a minimum of 15 years. While it does have some maturity and toasty character, its freshness is extraordinary. The crisp fruit is still there, evoking ripe apples..."