Cuvée 15 Brut – Non-Vintage
Champagne Gosset 15 ans de cave a minima
A gem from another century
- Grape Source: Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Cramant, Villers-Marmery (Chardonnay); Ambonnay, Aÿ, Mareuil-sur-Aÿ (Pinot Noir)
Time Spent in Cellars Prior to Disgorging: Minimum 15 years on the lees
Dosage: Brut (7g/L)
Winemaking Notes: The cellarmaster left this wine to rest on the lees for nearly two decades in order to reveal the impact of extended lees aging on Champagne Gosset’s style of winemaking.
- No malolactic fermentation to retain freshness and character
- Use of grapes from the best grand cru and premier cru vineyards to provide the depth, structure and finesse to support extended cellaring
- A blend of several stellar harvests in the late 1990s, cellared in 1999, to best express the Gosset spirit
- Varietal Composition: 60% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir
- Cases Imported: 356
- Alcohol: 12%
- Release Date: March 2016, available in US in June 2016
Its long aging in the cellar, with no malolactic fermentation to pass the time, enables our 15-year-old Gosset to retain its freshness and elegance while gaining added vinosity, complexity, fullness … The balance is ideal, and the bubbles are clearly at the service of the wine.
Champagne Gosset Cuvée 15 Brut – NV – Wine Spectator – 93 Points
This deeply hued Champagne exudes mushroom and white truffle notes, set on a fine, plush mousse and structured by a firm backbone of acidity. Rich and expressive, yet well-cut and fresh, with dried apricot, chopped almond, toffee and saline notes echoing on the finish. Drink now through 2021.
Cuvée 15 Brut – Non-Vintage – 96 points – Wine Enthusiast
"This limited release Champagne has been aged on its lees in Gosset’s cellars for a minimum of 15 years. While it does have some maturity and toasty character, its freshness is extraordinary. The crisp fruit is still there, evoking ripe apples..."
Cuvée 15 Brut – Non-Vintage – 93 points – Wine Spectator
“Richly aromatic … an intriguing, almost Sherry-like mix of salted almond, oyster shell, baked plum, singed orange peel and dried white cherry flavors framed by mouthwatering acidity. The soft bead imparts a quiet energy to the lasting finish …”