Chenin Blanc, Val de Loire IGP – 2017
- Cultivation: Covering the vine stock with soil in autumn, plowing-down in spring, tilling and allowing natural grass to grow between the rows; biodynamic practices include infusions and plant decoctions applied to the vineyards according to the lunar calendar. DEMETER Certified 100% Biodynamic.
- Soil: Silty-clay terroir, consisting of sandstone grit and red flint on tuffeau (limestone) Age of vines: 6 years
- Harvest Date(s): Chenin Blanc harvested from September 17 - 20, hand-picked in 12-kilogram (26-pound) boxes and sorted in the vineyard
- Yields: 26 hectoliters/hectare (≈2 tons/acre)
Whole cluster, slowly and gently pressed in a pneumatic press. Cold settling followed by long fermentation with native yeast in aged oak barrel from Burgundy.
Pruning: Guyot Mixte pruning system
- Aging: 12 months on fine lees in French oak casks, aged in ancient troglodyte cellars cut into the limestone hillside on the property, followed by six months in a stainless steel vat.
- Bottled: Bottled without filtration or fining on April 30 a “flower day”
- Varietal Composition: 100% Chenin Blanc