Chardonnay, Gräfin de La Tour, Collio DOC – 2011
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: In the vicinity of the winery on south-facing slopes
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl
- Density: 5,500 vines/hectare (2,225 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot
- Harvest Date(s): September 6
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into 225-liter (60-gallon) small oak casks for 8 months. It is then blended in stainless-steel vats and finally matures for 12 months in the bottles.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Chardonnay
- Production (in cases): 5,200 bottles
- Production Case Pack: 6/750ml
- Alcohol: 15%
- TA: 5.7g/L
Golden yellow with slight green tints at the edges and ripe apple, vanilla and citrus aromas, very well-integrated on the nose; balanced, complex and powerful on the palate. Pair with rich first courses, both fish and meat, and white-meat main courses.