CELEBRIS Extra Brut – 2007
In 1993, cellarmaster Jean-Pierre Mareigner decided to pursue a project that had originated with Albert Gosset (15th generation, 1915-1991) — a prestige cuvée that would represent the best of Champagne Gosset. Thus was born CELEBRIS, a 1988 vintage cuvée, sold for the first time in 1995. This cuvée is the culmination of the Gosset style and immediately joined other high-end champagnes in its class. The great aromatic complexity and beautiful finesse that distinguishes this wine mean it can be paired with the most elaborate dishes.
• Avize: CH, vivacity, purity, length
• Le Mesnil: CH, structure, texture, minerality
• Vertus: CH, freshness, delicacy, front-palate
• Aÿ : PN, full-body, mid-palate structure, aging
• Avenay: PN, delicacy, fruitiness, back-palate
• Cumières : PN, roundness, mid-palate
• Ambonnay: PN, finesse, tension, aging
• Bouzy: PN, fruity, mid-palate
• Trépail: CH, vivacity, density, length
• Verzy: CH, opulent, elegant, backbone
- Malolactic: None
- Aging: Over 9 years on the lees in the cellar
- Bottled: 2008
- Disgorged: September 2017
- Varietal Composition: 57% Chardonnay, 43% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 12%
- TA: 8.6g/L
- RS: Extra Brut (3 g/L Dosage)
An opulent appearance, bright pale gold with emerald green highlights characteristic of wines with a high proportion of Chardonnay. The bubbles are fine and rise in a thin and persistent ribbon. The nose has ripe aromas of frangipane, Tarte Tatin, honey or salted butter caramel refreshed by aromas of pear, pineapple or citrus fruits such as kaffir lime citron and sweet lime. The palate is open and flawless with salty notes followed by complex aromas reminiscent of pear, grapefruit and yuzu. This wine’s pure and fresh characteristics make it the perfect accompaniment to food but with patience it will reveal all its complexity and richness.
- Serving Suggestions: Suggested Serving Temperatures: Between 10° C and 12° C (50° F and 53° F)Suggested Pairings: A perfect aperitif or with unusual food pairings such as Aveyron lamb, globe artichokes, Tonka beans or Brie de Meaux with vanilla.
Champagne Gosset CELEBRIS Extra Brut – 2007 – Wine Spectator – 93 Points
Lightly mouthwatering, with citrus peel acidity and a tang of salinity, layered with flavors of toasted nut, crunchy pear, ground coffee and preserved lemon. Rich and finely meshed, offering a lacy texture and an airy and refreshing feel on the palate. Lasting finish. Drink now through 2027. 144 cases imported.
Champagne Gosset Celebris Extra Brut — 2007 – Wine & Spirits – 93 Points
An impressive wine from a challenging vintage, this is brisk and cool, with tense muscularity to its structure. The wine’s brash savor parallels a meaty stock, with smoky complexity and tannins powering the lasting orange-and-red-fruit buzz. Decant it as a main course wine with white meats.
Champagne Gosset Celebris Extra Brut – 2007 – Wine Enthusiast – 95 Points
A blend mainly of Chardonnay from the Côte des Blancs and Pinot Noir from the Montagne de Reims, Gosset's deluxe cuvée has been well aged. With its edge of toastiness and the still-vibrant citrus and white fruits, the wine is at a beautiful, poised moment, though it will continue to age even further.
Champagne Gosset Celebris Extra Brut – 2007 – James Suckling – 96 Points
This stylish, complex and elegantly powerful Champagne is the pinnacle of Gosset’s range and delivers such layered, fresh and complex style. The palate has a super smooth-honed, long and plush feel with a wealth of grilled almonds and grapefruit. Long, succulent draw through the finish. Magnificent. Drink now.