Catarratto del Masso Sicilia DOC – 2018
Masso is the name of the cru from which the grapes hail. The name has its origins in the rocky-sandy stone with high components of iron. This strong mineral structure confers to the wine a particular sapidity and freshness.
- Location: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Vine Age: 55 years old vines, grafted by hand onto wild plants
- Soil: Rocky, sandy, iron-rich
- Elevation: 700 meters (2,297 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East-facing vineyard
- Density: 2,600 vines per hectare (1,053 vines per acre)
- Training: Bush vine
Handpicked and stored in small cases.
- Fermentation: 100% in cement containers, in contact with the skins for a quarter of the fermentation process.
- Aging: Sur lie with batonnage in cement containers for 6 months.
- Alcohol: 13.5%
A golden color with lustrous, green reflections. On the nose, it presents delicate notes of bay leaf and mint, with aromas of citrus groves of Sicilian “lumie” lemons and minerally overtones. On the palate, it is very fresh and persistent, with a remarkable acidity and balanced sapidity, long intense aromatics of fruit and freshness.