Brut Rosé, North Coast – 2016
Schramsberg Brut Rosé is fruitful, complex and dry, making it both versatile with food and delicious by itself as an apéritif. The character of the wine is most strongly influenced by bright, flavorful Pinot Noir grown in Carneros, Anderson Valley, and the Sonoma and Marin coastal areas. A few small lots of Pinot Noir are fermented in contact with their skins to add depth and subtle color to this vibrant sparkling wine. Chardonnay gives spice, structure and length on the palate.
Hand picking, careful handling and gentle pressing produce a wine of delicacy, free of skin and seed tannin. Following the fall harvest and base winemaking period, an extensive process of blending trial and refinement is carried out in the spring. The finished blend is aged on the yeast in the bottle for about two years, just enough to achieve refined effervescence and toastiness without diminishing its refreshing, vibrant appeal.
- Appellation: North Coast
- County Composition: 48% Sonoma, 26% Napa, 23% Mendocino, 3% Marin
- Harvest Date(s): August 4 – September 10, 2016
- Barrel Fermentation: 35%
“The 2016 Brut Rosé has generous aromas of strawberry and orange zest. Its fruitful nose is complemented by notes of cinnamon, vanilla and watermelon. On the palate, there are juicy flavors of ruby grapefruit, stone fruit and raspberry compote, with soft touches of toasted hazelnut and shortbread cookie. The fruitful finish is fresh, with a bright clean acidity.”
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy this rich, delicious sparkler on almost any occasion: at your favorite restaurant, a special dinner at home, at a beach picnic or a backyard barbecue. A very versatile wine; try it with sushi, salmon, rock shrimp, pizza, roast chicken, BBQ ribs, burgers, chocolate raspberry tarts and creamy cheeses with summer fruits.
- Varietal Composition: 64% Pinot Noir, 36% Chardonnay
- Production (in cases): 15,150
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 12.6%
- TA: 8.3 g/l
- p H: 3.17
- RS: 9.2 g/l
- Release Date: December 1, 2018
Schramsberg Brut Rosé, North Coast – 2016 – Town and Country Magazine
Heidi Turzyn, wine director at New York's Gotham Bar and Grill, says she always begins her Easter celebrations with a sparkling rosé. "One of my go-tos is Schramsberg Vineyards' North Coast Brut Rosé. I enjoy the balance of the fruit and acidity. The touch of oak makes it a nice pairing with hard-boiled eggs. If you wanted to take it up a notch add some caviar...