Brut Rosé, North Coast – 2015
Schramsberg Brut Rosé is fruitful, complex and dry, making it both versatile with food and delicious by itself as an apéritif. The character of the wine is most strongly influenced by bright, flavorful Pinot Noir grown in Carneros, Anderson Valley, and the Sonoma and Marin coastal areas. A few small lots of Pinot Noir are fermented in contact with their skins to add depth and subtle color to this vibrant sparkling wine. Chardonnay gives spice, structure and length on the palate.
Hand picking, careful handling and gentle pressing produce a wine of delicacy, free of skin and seed tannin. Following the fall harvest and base winemaking period, an extensive process of blending trial and refinement is carried out in the spring. The finished blend is aged on the yeast in the bottle for about two years, just enough to achieve refined effervescence and toastiness without diminishing its refreshing, vibrant appeal.
- Appellation: North Coast
- County Composition: 48% Sonoma, 26% Napa, 23% Mendocino, 3% Marin
- Harvest Date(s): August 7 – September 21, 2015
- Barrel Fermentation: 35%
- Varietal Composition: 59% Pinot Noir, 41% Chardonnay
- Production (in cases): 11,800
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 12.9%
- TA: 8.5 g/l
- p H: 3.13
- RS: 9.5 g/l
“The 2015 Brut Rosé has generous aromas of candied orange, raspberry preserve, cranberry and orange blossom. Its fruitful nose is complemented by notes of vanilla, honey and brioche. On the palate, there are juicy flavors of peach, strawberry shortcake and lemon curd, with soft touches of marzipan. The wine has a fresh, juicy acidity which drives to a bright, clean finish.” – Winemakers Sean Thompson and Hugh Davies
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy this rich, delicious sparkler on almost any occasion: at your favorite restaurant, a special dinner at home, at a beach picnic or a backyard barbecue. A very versatile wine; try it with sushi, salmon, rock shrimp, pizza, roast chicken, BBQ ribs, burgers, chocolate raspberry tarts and creamy cheeses with summer fruits.
Schramsberg Brut Rosé North Coast – 2015 – Connoisseur’s Guide to California Wines – 91 Points
So very reliable, and a wine that has made many appearances on our tables over the years, this version is rich in yeasty notes even in its comparative youth and sports the fine balance and mannerly mousse that we have come to expect of Schramsberg’s bubblies. It is youthful but not in the least bit simple, and while older bottlings will certainly...
Schramsberg Brut Rosé North Coast – 2015 – Wine & Spirits – 91 Points
A vinous rosé with creamy, red-fruit flavors of pinot noir, this is clean and lasting. The bubbles tame the touches of sweetness, so it feels fresh and sparkly. Serve it as you would a light pinot, as an elegant match for roast fish, like sea bass with chanterelles.