Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru — 2019
- Appellation: Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru, Burgundy
- Location: 1 parcel in Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet. 1 single plot in which the row runs from top to bottom (west to east), 1ha 15a (2.84 acres) of the appellation.
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: 1.15 hectares (2.84 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 1958 and 1959
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must.
- Barrel Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maximum 1/2 Vosges, minimum 1/2 Allier)
- Aging: Aged 12 months in cask and 6 months in tank, then prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru — 2019 – Burghound – 96 Points
Here the equally beautiful nose is quite similar to that of the Pucelles save for being much more restrained. Cool, pure and almost painfully intense flavors possess the same sleek, sophisticated and graceful texture as well as even better persistence on the youthfully austere, compact and wonderfully complex finale. This is a stunner of a Bienvenues.