Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru – 2018
- Appellation: Burgundy
- Location: 1 parcel in Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet. 1 single plot in which the row runs from top to bottom (west to east), 1ha 15a (2.84 acres) of the appellation.
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: 1.15 hectares (2.84 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 1958 and 1959
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must.
- Barrel Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maximum 1/2 Vosges, minimum 1/2 Allier)
- Aging: Aged 12 months in cask and 6 months in tank, then prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru — 2018 – The Wine Advocate – 94+
Scents of pear, white flowers, almond paste, buttered toast, citrus zest and smoke preface the 2018 Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru, a full-bodied and satiny wine that's layered and fleshy, with a satiny attack that segues into a tightly wound core and a chalky finish. This, too, should reward bottle age.
Domaine Leflaive Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru – 2018 – Vinous – 95-97 Points
The 2018 Bienvenue-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru has a terse, stoic, delineated bouquet with scents of wet limestone and sea spray, just a slight menthol note developing with aeration. The palate is well balanced with a fine bead of acidity. A very pretty, elegant Bienvenue that reveals hints of blood orange and sour lemon on the precise, persistent finish. This is a gorgeous Bienvenue. Drink 2022 - 2048.