Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru – 2017
- Appellation: Burgundy
- Location: 1 parcel in Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: 1.15 hectares (2.84 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 1958 and 1959
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must.
- Barrel Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maximum 1/2 Vosges, minimum 1/2 Allier)
- Aging: Aged 12 months in cask and 6 months in tank, then prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru – 2017 – The Wine Advocate – 93-95+ Points
Like the Pucelles, the 2017 Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru is quite tensile and reserved, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green orchard fruit, iodine, orange rind and creamy new wood. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, textural and fleshy, but taut—even firm—at the core, with good concentration, tangy acid and a bright, chalky finish. Like all these releases, I'm looking forward to seeing it from bottle.