Bianco, Venice – 2013
- Grape Source: 100% Dorona
- Size: 1 hectare (2.47 acres)
- Soil: Silty-sandy, rich in organic material and clay
- Exposure: East to west, flat and level
- Harvest Date(s): Last ten days of September
- Yields: 1,10 Kg (per plant)
- Fermentation: In glass
- Maceration: 22 days
- Aging: At least 12 months in glass
- Alcohol: 12.9 %
The wine is golden in color and instantly spicy on the nose with iodine notes and nuances of fleshy yellow fruit. On the palate it is well-structured, full and velvety with dominant almond notes and traces of yellow peaches and honey. The finale is dry, savory, full and persistent. Venissa is a great
collector’s white wine with a long life expectancy.
Venissa Bianco – 2013 – Wine Enthusiast – 93 Points
Complex and compelling, this deeply colored white boasts aromas of orange zest, eucalyptus honey, sea breeze and balsamic notes. Made with Dorona, a nearly extinct grape from Venice, the polished focused palate doles out mature yellow peach, maple syrup and almond accompanied by a savory mineral vein. Fresh acidity lifts the dry finish and bestows an age-worthy structure. Drink through 2023.