Wilson Daniels Master Sommelier Scholarship
Wilson Daniels is proud to announce that we are sponsoring two candidates for the Master Sommelier exam in 2015. Candidates must be working sommeliers, have passed the first three levels of examination and be currently studying for the fourth and final portion of the supreme challenge. This scholarship is for the trade only and is non-transferable.
Candidates are required to provide:
- Resume and biography along with an essay stating why you are seeking this high honor as Master Sommelier
- Three professional references and a copy of your “letter of intent” submitted to the Court of Master Sommeliers
- Proof of paid fees to sit for the Master Sommelier exam (for reimbursement purposes)
Dates for the exam:
Theory only: March 2, 2015 ($795)
- Dallas, TX: The Four Seasons
- San Francisco, CA: The Palomar
- Atlanta, GA: Ritz Carlton Buckhead
MS exam: May 17-20, 2015 ($1,500 any two portions)
- Aspen, CO: The Little Nell
The selected sommelier will embark on a two-day immersion program into the Wilson Daniels portfolio of domestic and imported wines. To learn more about our portfolio please visit www.wilsondaniels.com
Scholarship includes the following: reimbursement for paid exam fees, airfare to San Francisco/Oakland airport with transportation to Napa (from within the continental US), lodging while in Napa, touring and tasting with our Napa Valley winery partners, a one-on-one blind tasting at an exclusive Saint Helena location proctored by a Master Sommelier, and a comprehensive, educational tasting of the entire Wilson Daniels portfolio. (Travel to the exam location is not included.)
We request that you contact a Wilson Daniels representative with any questions you may have regarding this exceptional scholarship. (The maximum reimbursement is $1,500 per candidate, excluding travel.)
Please send submissions to: Jennifer Brown, Vice President, Public Relations and Communication, Wilson Daniels, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: December 1, 2014
Terms and conditions apply.
To learn more, click here.